THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

UCLA Update

Dale is still at UCLA. The pneumonia is better but the GVH (graft vs. host) disease to the liver is worse. The bilirubin in now 18. (direct bili 10.9) Dale is very jaundiced and his eyes are very yellow. If the bilirubin does not improve by tommorrow, a liver biopsy is planned. Dale is more comfortable. He is not in pain and his skin rash is much better. The only thing keeping Dale in the hospital is his sick liver. The hardest part of the day is when the nurse hands us our lab values for the day. Hopefully we will be greeted with good news tomorrow. Grace and peace......

1 comments:

millie said...

Hi Dale,
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better... You need to get home because I'm told that we have requests to bake! Don't tell anyone that we'll be cheating and using some cake mixes; can't beat that red velvet cake mix! We'll get a little fancy this time with the frosting. They'll think it's from a real bakery!

Uncle Eric is on the phone with your mom right now giving us information about your biopsy. I'll remind Uncle to send you reiki so that you'll feel better. We need to get you home! You can't run your household from UCLA....

I wish it were easy to bring Tobie with me. I know he'd lick you up, make you smile and take a nap next to you. Tobie is actually recuperating a bit too. He has a bruised disc. So, no jumping (yah right). We have to carry him up and down the stairs; he's beginning to think he's the king. Of course, he doesn't know why we're carrying him. The vet said that he can rupture his disc and we'd be in bad shape....so, the king he'll be (at least for two weeks).

I miss you tremendously. You're in my daily thoughts and prayers. We're all hoping and praying that you get well SOON! Till next week when I can HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG and SQUEEZE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

A virtual hug (XOXO),
Auntie Millie