Sunday, May 6, 2007

Day + 80

This was an eventul week for Dale. His labs are stable. The liver enzymes were pretty much the same (AST- 40 ALT - 40 Bili - 0.6) The ANC - 2600 Plts - 117,000 Hgb - 8.8 Hct - 27 His blood pressure at clinic was 88/40 so he is now off his blood pressure medicine. He has completed his antibiotic course so he taking 4 pills less a day now. Actually 5 pills less because his cyclosporine dose is less now too. The last level was 326 ( goal 250-300) This week we hit balls at the driving range on Tuesday and played 9 holes on Thursday. Well, not all nine. We needed to be somewhere at 2pm so we had to skip 2 holes. We played at Dominguez. Dale did very well. He out drove me on the first hole. His ball went straight and rolled onto the green. My ball went right . Wade was able to join us and his ball went right too. This was pretty much how it was for me for the rest of the holes. Luckily we didn't keep score because Dale probably would have beat me. Later that day, Dale went running at the Gardena High track with Danny , Derek and the 719 boyscout troop. He ran a couple of laps with his friend Noah. He was sore up until Saturday. We played tennis on Wednesday for about 20 minutes and on Friday after our clinic visit at UCLA, Dale and I went to Irvine Lake and went fishing with Glenn ,Shari and Dan(Glen's brother) Morinishi. We were able to fish for about 1 1/2 hours. Dale really enjoyed riding on Uncle Glenn's nice boat and just holding the fishing pole. Earlier that day, they had caught 4 trout. 1 was 5 1/2 pounds!! The others ranged from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds. It was amazing to see such big fish come out of such a small lake. All of this extra curricular activity occurs after his school time with his teacher and after homework is done. It sounds like we are playing all day but Dale does have a pretty heavy school load with work assignments from both his Arlington class and his home school teacher. On Saturday, Dale went to go watch Derek play basketball. The gym was fairly empty and Dale sat in a chair by the door. Sunday (today) was a very exciting day for Dale. He went motorcycle riding with Uncle Alan Kusumoto. It was a fundraiser sponsored by Honda. Alan was one of the bikers who participated in the Ride for Kids to raise money for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and asked Dale if he would like to ride with him. Dale did not hestitate and quickly accepted Alan's invitation. He hopped on the back of Alan beautiful motorcycle and rode around Palos Verdes Peninsula along with hundreds(?) of other motocyclists. The ride was about 1 1/2 hours long. Dale had a blast and mentioned he wanted to do it again. This Friday May 11, Dale will be having surgery to have one of his central lines removed. Have a great week . Blessings to you all......


Biby Cletus said...

hi there, i stumbled across your blog while randomly searching the blogosphere, nice one you have here, i also find the design to my liking. do keep up the good work.

warm regards from the other side of planet earth. i'll be back for more.

Deep Regards

Biby Cletus
H2, Street no 9
Chamber Road

millie said...

hi dale,
according to mom's comments, it does sound like you're playing ALL day! we can't wait to help you play next week! have you made out a schedule for us yet? what you'd like to do, etc? we're open to ANYTHING!

glad to hear you're able to take "less" pills. as i told you before, one pill is too many for me!

stay healthy and we'll see you soon!

lots of love,
auntie millie