THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day +3

This morning Dale was visited by 5 very special girls. They stood in the quad area holding signs that spelled out "We love Dale" in view of his window. Then they flipped the signs over and it read " Go Bruins ". It was a nice surprise that brought a smile to his face after getting a bit of bad news earlier that morning.
We were told Derek would not be able to visit Dale for approximately 2 1/2 weeks because a student in Derek's class came down with chicken pox. Derek has been immunized but the doctor's don't want to take a chance risking Dale or the other children on this ward. I think I cried the most out of us three. Fortunately, with the grace of God and the kindness of a dear friend who gave us a lap top, Danny,Derek and Dale are able to talk and see each other with a web cam. Derek and Dale talk to each other for hours. Sometimes they just sit there doing their own thing. From time to time, Eski, our dog is brought in for Dale to see. Grandma and Grandpa visit Dale through the web cam too. Dale's platelets are holding at 96,000 and Hgb - 9.6. The doctor's were impressed with the rise in platelets after only 1 unit that they are going to look into who that donor was. The wbc is 0.12. Dale developed a small sore on his tongue which is very common after radiation and chemo. His caloric intake has decreased so he was started on a TPN (total parenteral nutrition) today. (For you health professionals, D10/2%AA no lipids with lytes and mvi at 40 cc/hr) He told the nurse tonight he wanted to try ativan again because that drug took the pain and the nausea away. This is the same medicine that made Dale act drunk on the night of the transplant. We were hoping he wouldn't remember but "whatever works" seems to be the motto here. The goal is to get him eating enough on his own so they won't have give him his nutrition iv. The doctor's also mentioned today that Dale is turning into a teenager because he goes to bed late(around 11:30 pm) and doesn't wake up until 10 or 10:30 am . My goal is to get him back to his old schedule because we don't need another teenager in the family. We are thankful for having made it through another day. Blessing upon you all.

5 comments:

millie said...

Hi Dale,
Did you see Britney Spears? She wanted to be just like you...she shaved her head! What a crazy girl!

On you next trip to Hawaii, we have to definately get together with "little Ruthie" and her family. Along with them, we continue to pray for you every day. Continue to be the strong and brave young man that you are! We miss and love you very much!

Aloha,
Auntie Millie
(Uncle Eric, Coco and Tobie)

F120man said...

Dear Inouye Family,

My name is Gary Chen, I am active student at Cal State Long Beach. The story of you Dale, has been forwarded to our college community from one of my professors in the Criminal Justice Department (Dr. Harvey Morley). It has been made aware that you are in need of Platelets and I have formed a mailing list of students who are willing to help donate. your story is touching and we are all glad to see you survive.

Please contact me at Gchen2@csulb.edu so we can discuss our means to help.

Thank You,

The Hinos said...

hi dale how are you doing today i'm feeling better my fever is finally gone have you been watching camp lazlo give me a call sometime when you can and we can talk. take care

from
noah

Dani said...

Hi Dale and Inouye Family,

I am one of Brooke's sorority sisters from Sigma Kappa, and I received her e-mail last week regarding Dale's need for platelets. After talking with my professors, I was able to get my classes off, and drove from Cal State Long Beach to the UCLA blood center on Valentine's Day. I recently received a text message from Brooke asking what my donor number was for the platelets, and after having read your blog, I had tears streaming down my face. My donor number was 8123521. The very same one you mention in your blog.

It makes me very happy to hear that I was able to help with just that one unit. From what I understand, it seems that you may still be in need of these platelets. Since I do not have school on Fridays, I would be more than happy to donate as many as you need. Brooke has my contact information, so if you or Dale's doctors have any questions for me, do not hesitate to ask!

So from me to you, Dale, and your family- happy belated valentine's day. God Bless.

Dani Dana

Nancy said...

Dale & Inouye Family,
I'm a friend of the Morinishi's. I've been following your blog daily and continue to hope and pray that every day you'll find the strength you need. I also had a bone marrow transplant (from an unrelated donor)last May. I had problem keeping a platelet count so needed well-matched platelets. I'm here for you anytime you have questions. Please don't hesitate to contact me at sakakura@ca.rr.com
Stay Strong and positive!!! : )
Sincerely,
Nancy Sakakura